Hopefully the cold didn't keep everyone cooped up this past weekend. I was out at Highlands Nordic enjoying some fine XC skiing and even a ride in the groomer, courtesy of my good friend and groomer extraordinaire, Scott Holmes. Be sure to go check out his work at Highland's Nordic if you are looking to try XC skiing this winter. And/Or go watch Nationals at the beginning of March !
So for this week some new ideas to try:
Steve's Workout of the Week
(post Sport/time/watts/distance to Comments Please)
- For those who have put in several endurance snowshoes and/or are able to run without injury/excessive recovery time, the following should provide some reprieve from indoor sessions and add some spice to your usual snowshoe workout.
- On a Day following 1-2 easy / off days
- 1-2hr Snowshoe
- Warmup 20-30min building into a steady endurance effort
- Complete 4-5 x 2min Max efforts on a medium Grade hill that lets you stride continuously and forcefully.
- Recover 3min easy walking/sliding back down hill
- Efforts should be hard but distance covered the same or greater each rep.
(poles optional / bonus points for starting/finishing with 10min on Trainer spinning 90+RPM)