The traffic, stop signs and lack of trail systems can make many workouts challenging ... But impossible?
There are a few tricks we have found and been shown by clients and friends who live in cities.
1) Try finding a small loop in a park that has some single track and a short climb ... 3 min means 10 laps gets you 30min 'offroad'
* offroad endurance, tempo or race sims
2) Explore subdivisions and industrial areas for safe loops, look at loops with mostly right turns.
* sprints, tempo, thresh, TT
3) Get out with group rides ... This gives you new routes, motivation and a bit more 'girth' on the road so traffic is less of an issue
4) Out and back sections of trail or road can be good options for longer steady intervals
* tempo, thresh, TT
5) You tell us how you beat city life?
Post to comments
Steve and Peter
Ps. Camp spots moving book your seat for fall colors now (link on sidebar)
Pss. Can you ride with no hands ? Read latest post at www.cranktheshield.com to see why you NEED to be able to