Week 2 of the Second Block. You guys must be getting Fit !!!
How is your nutrition during the day ? Making sure to keep fueled during day to fuel post-work rides ?
Check out our resources page for a link to Hammer Nutrition Guidelines. They are invaluable for the endurance athlete.
- Warmup well ~30min some sprint efforts can help here.
- complete 4-6 x 8 min @ 85-88% of MHR or 8-9 / 10 RPE
* breathing should be noticeable and deep but Not excessive as in a max/TT effort
** great to do this on same gravel road loop to track performance.
- 1.5 hours at endurance pace- below 75% MHR
2x15 min at 78%-83% of Max heart rate
If you can do this offroad even better
End with 15min easy spinning
3) Long Endurance 3-4.5hrs this week. Nice and steady 65-75% or a few times up to 80% if offroad.
- Keep RPE around a 7/10 for total ride today.
- ***** Remember to use this ride as a prep ride for event. Use your pack, your nutrition strategy, carry your tools and extra clothes. What are you using for chamois creme ? *****
www.SteveNeal.ca Share on Facebook